Saturday, November 24, 2007

Here's to more bloggin' days



Awww, ain't that sweet? My friend Anna/Menchie/Coca of Anna's Tasa awarded me with an I Love Your Blog award. I'm as speechless as a surprise Oscar winner (is there one?). :-)

Anyway, I wish I had time to blog more. I'll try to blog more. But sometimes I do so much writing and editing every day that my mind refuses to churn out more text at the end of a deadline-filled day. And all I want to do then is be quiet.

But I do enjoy blogging. It was my son who started me in on this (as well as on Friendster) a couple of years ago. Since he started his own blog, I wanted to have one too. That was when he was 9 and not yet taller than me.

Anyway, there are many great blogs out there but I'm giving an I Love Your Blog award to ... (drumroll) Lala Rimando of Lala Rimando Diaries (see blog roll on your left). She's a profile of courage in the midst of whatever storm (libel suits from rich politicians included). A real journalist. Great work, Lala!

BOOK OF THE WEEK: Today Counts: 365 Guidelines for a Meaningful Life by Harold J. Sala. This is one of the devotionals I've been reading every day this year. It's easy reading, yet full of wise advice for day-to-day living.

VERSE OF THE WEEK: And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

No comments: