Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cheering with Chile

Like many people around the world, I couldn't take my eyes off the TV as CNN showed live footage of the rescue of the 33 trapped Chilean miners yesterday.

And today, I have been glued to CNN for almost 2 hours now since waking up, waiting with the rest of the world for miner number 30 to come up from the bowels of the earth.

What a great story of faith, perseverance, unity, selflessness! Anyone trapped for more than 60 days in a dark place would have gone nuts but these men have shown courage and unwavering faith in God that He will provide a way out.

"I will exalt you, O LORD, for you lifted me out of the depths and did not let my enemies gloat over me. O LORD my God, I called to you for help and you healed me. O LORD, you brought me up from the grave; you spared me from going down into the pit." Psalm 30:1-3

No comments: