Monday, July 25, 2011

Gym day

So there I was at midday today, doing brisk walking on the treadmill. Before I knew it, the 15 minutes warm-up walk was done and it was time to lift some weights. No, not the heavy kind, but more like 5-pound dumbbells for arm curls and 15 pounds on the lat machine. After that, 2 sets at the total abdominal machine to hopefully tone those abs. Then some time on the leg press, and maybe 10 minutes at the stationary bike.

It's Monday, and it's gym day, and again I am paying for the privilege of sweating in an air-conditioned gym. I marvel at how time flies—it's been more than a year now? Wow!

I've been a gym dropout for a couple of times over the past 16 years (or since my son was born). I'd go for a few months, then drop out, thinking I can do it on my own and exercise at the UP Diliman Oval, but always, always, there's something more urgent to do. So I've had a pretty much sedentary life for most of the time. (Continue reading at http://www.smartsuperwomen.com/2011/06/30/gym-day/).

No comments: