Monday, May 20, 2019

Moonglow

Driving to work this morning at around 4:45 a.m., I was mesmerized by a beautiful sight in the sky. The moon. A beautiful moon. A beautiful round full moon glowing down at me.

I looked at it while waiting at a stoplight and told myself to take a picture of the moon when I get to work.

Because I parked maybe 4-5 blocks away from my workplace, it took maybe another 5-10 minutes to get to the office. By then the dark skies have become a bit brighter as sunrise was just a few minutes away.

I looked again at the moon and made a mental note to arrive at the office earlier tomorrow -- earlier than 5 a.m. -- so as to be able to take a photo of the moon against the background of a dark sky.

Thank you, Lord God, for the moon, I whispered a prayer.

May we not be so busy that we fail to see the beauty around us and to give credit to the Creator.



BOOK OF THE WEEK: I'm reading "How To Make Disease Disappear" by Dr. Rangan Chatterjee. I read health books and fitness/diet articles online because I believe that  if I bombard myself with tons of health stuff, I will actually be brainwashed into pursuing a healthier lifestyle. Dr. Chatterjee's book is simple to understand yet is very practical and helpful. The advisory in a nutshell: Relax. Eat. Move. Sleep.

VERSE OF THE WEEK: "How blessed is he whose help is in the God of Jacob, Whose hope is in the LORD his God." Psalm 146:5

No comments: