Friday, May 10, 2019

Rest

I spent most of my day off yesterday curled up in bed or the armchair. I don't know why I felt so tired. Maybe it's the summer heat or the lack of sleep or the busy schedule, or all of these. So I just heeded what I think my body was telling me, and just rested.

My rehab med doctor once told me: "Listen to your body." Sometimes we ignore what our bodies tell us and still keep busy despite the pain or fatigue, and then we get sick.

Make time for rest. I for one would love to go out of town and just do nothing but rest. Hopefully I can get to do that soon.

"Doing is important but so is resting," according to this post I saw on Instagram.


"Take time to work. Make time to rest," my friend Lyqa Maravilla advised.


So rest. Yup, you.

BOOK OF THE WEEK: While curled up on my favorite armchair yesterday, I finished reading It's A Mens World by Bebang Siy. Wow, what an interesting book! So hard to put down.. Bebang writes from the heart and talks to us her readers like we are her bestfriends as she makes kuwento about living in Ermita, having a broken family, dating, etc. in a funny endearing way. No wonder this book is a bestseller!

VERSE OF THE WEEK: "Are not two sparrows sold for a cent? And yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. So do not fear; you are more valuable than many sparrows." Matthew 10:29-31

No comments: